Evangelical Community Hospital Holds Screenings
Community Health Education at Evangelical Community Hospital will hold a series of blood sugar and blood pressure screenings through the month of December.
Free Blood Pressure Screenings:
• Monday, December 3, 9 am-1 pm at Mifflinburg Bank and Trust, Lewisburg branch
• Thursday, December 20, 10-11am at West End Senior Center, Millmont
• Mondays, 9-Noon, Wednesdays, Noon-4pm and Fridays, 9 am- 1pm at the Community Health Education Center, Route 15, Lewisburg
Free Blood Sugar Screenings:
• Tuesday, December 11, 8-10 am at the Susquehanna Valley Mall, (blood pressures will also be available, provided by Agency on Aging, Inc.)
For more information, please call Community Health Education at (570) 768-3200 or visit www.evanhospital.com.
Evangelical Community Hospital Holds December Classes
LEWISBURG- Evangelical Community Hospital will hold a series of classes through the month of December. They are as follows:
• Pre-Diabetes Class: Wednesday, December 12, 1-3 pm at the Community Health Education Center. This one-time class will focus on basic diabetes information and lifestyle changes that will help slow or eliminate the progression of the disease. Please call (570) 522-4411 to register. Minimum must be met for this class to be held.
Prepared Childbirth Classes:
• Hello Baby Class (for siblings ages 2-10): Monday, December 3, 6:15-7:30 pm, at Apple Conference Rooms A&B, in the rear of the dining room at Evangelical Community Hospital. Cost is $10 per family. This class teaches brothers and sisters how to diaper, swaddle and hold a baby.
• Prenatal Breastfeeding: Monday, December 10, 7-9 pm at the Community Health Education Center. $10 per couple. This class is for the expectant mother and one support person. The course covers the advantages of breastfeeding and the common concerns associated with it.
• Newborn Care: Mondays, December 10 & 17, 7-9 pm, at the Community Health Education Center. $30 per couple. This class is designed to teach caregivers how to diaper, bathe, and feed the baby. This class also covers post-partum depression and care of the new mother.
• Weekend Express Class: Saturday, December 15, 9 am-4 pm, at the Community Health Education Center. $50 registration fee. This class is designed for the busy parents-to-be who are unable to attend the weekly Prepared Childbirth sessions. Everything you need to know about labor and delivery, breathing and relaxation will be covered in class.
• Prepared Childbirth Refresher Class: Dates are not pre-determined; please call the Community Health Education Center to schedule your class. $25 registration fee. Designed to refresh parents on the basics of childbirth. Couples are provided with current labor technique information in a private, appointment only setting.
• New Grandparents! Call (570) 768-3200 to schedule your tour of the The Family Place, Evangelical’s obstetrics unit.
• T-Dap and Child Seat Safety Clinics: Protect yourself and your new baby with Tetanus, Diphtheria and Pertussis vaccines. The vaccination is available at no charge to fathers and all other family household members (18 years of age and older) of newborn delivered at Evangelical Community Hospital. Child Seat Safety Clinics will be held at the Community Health Education Center and appointments are preferred.
o Mondays, 9-Noon
o Wednesdays, Noon-4 pm
o Fridays, 9 am- 1 pm
To register for classes, please call Community Health Education at (570) 768-3200 or visit www.evanhospital.com.
Powered by Facebook Comments