Carbon monoxide sickens 7 in Northumberland County

LECK KILL – Seven adults and children had to be transported to area hospitals early this morning after a carbon monoxide leak in the home near Leck Kill. Steve Jeffrey, director of Emergency Services in Northumberland County, tells WKOK that emergency crews were called out for carbon monoxide poisoning at 26 Line Mountain Road in Upper Mahanoy Township around 2:30 a.m.


Firefighters used air-monitoring equipment and discovered high levels of carbon monoxide in the home. The family will be okay following treatment for carbon monoxide exposure. Officials believe the leak was caused by a coal stove, but the investigation will continue. (Ali Stevens)




Powered by Facebook Comments