Chimney fire in Shamokin

SHAMOKIN — Crews from across Northumberland County responded to a chimney fire in Shamokin Tuesday evening.  According to Emergency Services, the fire was at a building on West Sunbury Street and North Coal Street in Shamokin.


Crews were called to the scene when heavy smoke was seen billowing from the chimney.  The fire was said to be due to a furnace malfunction.  The fire was reported just before 6:00p.m. Tuesday evening.  The fire was said to be under control by 6:30p.m.  (Codi Jade)

abstract fire on black




Powered by Facebook Comments