Family left homeless after Milton blaze

MILTON — A Milton home was destroyed by fire Tuesday.  Crews were called to 668 Mahoning Street just after 2:00p.m. where they found heavy smoke and fire coming from the home.  The home is owned by Michael and Traci Messinger and they are insured.

The Milton Fire Department worked to extinguished the blaze, but all crewmembers were evacuated from the structure when the roof and walls began to cave.  No one in the home was injured.  One firefighter was taken to Evangelical Community Hospital for a minor injury.

The investigation into the blaze will continue.  Milton was assisted by White Deer Township, Warrior Run, Montgomery and Hummels Wharf fire crews. (Sara Bartlett)

 

fire

Comments

comments

Powered by Facebook Comments