Four pets killed in a Milton fire

MILTON – Fire gutted a home in Milton on Friday night and killed four family pets. the fire started around 8 p.m. at a home at 167 Dougal Street, owned by Robert and Kim Rauch. Robert Rauch came home from work and noticed smoke coming from behind his computer.


The fire quickly spread to the attic and walls and the Rauch’s escaped safely. Their two dogs and two cats were killed by the fire. Firefighters took about two hours to bring the blaze under control and the home was a total loss. The couple was not insured. Milton Fire Department was assisted by Warrior Run at the scene. Fire officials say the cause of the fire was electrical due to an overloaded surge protector. The couple will stay with relatives and is being assisted by the Red Cross. (Ali Stevens)




Powered by Facebook Comments