Fire near Swengel yesterday afternoon

 

SWENGEL — A family of five was displaced by a fire at their home yesterday near Swengel in Lewis Township, Union County. The fire started around noon at the home of Stan and Margaret Mowery at 3585 Swengel Road.

 

Mifflinburg Fire Chief John Heiges says the fire started in a wood stove pipe and spread into the walls of the home. Stan Mowery’s son noticed smoke in his room and notified his father and the family got out safely. The home was heavily damaged by the fire and one firefighter was taken to Evangelical Community Hospital for treatment of a minor electrical shock.

 

West End, New Berlin, Penns Creek, Middleburg and Lewisburg firefighters assisted Mifflinburg Fire Department until about 2:30 Sunday afternoon. (Ali Stevens)

 

 

Comments

comments

Powered by Facebook Comments