Two Sunbury families temporarily displaced by fire

SUNBURY — A double-home caught fire this afternoon in Sunbury.  The fire was started in a second floor rear bedroom at 316   South 10th Street in the city.

 

Crews were called to the scene around 1:20p.m.  According to Sunbury Fire Chief Mike Rhoads, heavy smoke was billowing out of the upstairs windows when volunteers arrived on the scene.  He said the fire was controlled within 15 minutes.  Most of the damage was contained to the bedroom, but the rest of the house did receive some minor damage.

 

No injuries were reported, as no one was home at the time of the blaze.  Rhoads said the fire has been determined accidental and electrical.  He said responders discovered a phone charger with a cord pinched under a bed near the area of the fire.

 

The Red Cross is currently assisting at the scene.  Families on both sides of the duplex will be displaced until the home is determined safe.  (Codi Jade)

 

 

abstract fire on black

Comments

comments

Powered by Facebook Comments