Heat Advisory Warning for senior citizens
SUNBURY — A Heat Advisory Warning has been issued to all senior citizens across Pennsylvania this week. The warning has been issued by the Pennsylvania Department of Aging and the Northumberland County Area Agency on Aging. The agency recommends that seniors take precautionary measures to stay cool during the current heat wave. They have compiled a list of efforts seniors should take at this time.
- Drink plenty of fluids.
- Wear light weight and loose fitting clothing.
- Stay in an air-conditioned setting.
- Utilize fans and air conditioners instead of having concerns for an electric bill increase.
- Minimize time spent outdoors and stay out of the sun whenever possible.
- Check on relatives and neighbors who may be susceptible to heat related conditions.
- Maintain an awareness of the indicators of heat exhaustion and heat stroke. If any of these signs and symptoms becomes apparent, move to a cool and shaded area and seek the necessary medical treatment.
- Ensure pets have access to shaded and well ventilated areas with sufficient amounts of water.
Northumberland County Senior Action Centers will be open from 8:00a.m. until 6:00p.m. Tuesday through Friday with air conditioning. If you feel anyone may be in an emergency situation please contact the Area Agency on Aging 570-495-2395. (Codi Jade)
Powered by Facebook Comments