Laundry detergent pods a hazard for kids

tideDANVILLE – Hospitals across the country have seen a rise in children accidentally ingesting laundry detergent and the issue is now local.  Geisinger Medical Center reports that in recent weeks, they have seen a significant number of pediatric patients who have ingested Tide Pods and similar colorful detergent packs.  Children have become very ill by eating these packets.

The American Association of Poison Control Centers have been reporting a recent surge in calls about these types of packets.  They say, to some children the bright colors and bite-size item looks like candy.  There are warnings on the products’ websites that say to keep them out of the reach of children and to dispose of the packets properly. (Sara Bartlett)



Powered by Facebook Comments