Woman burned in Shamokin area fire

SHAMOKIN — A Shamokin area woman suffered slight burns to the face in a fire Friday.  According to The News Item, fire crews were called at 12:08p.m. for a kitchen fire at 1287   Old Reading Road, near the Indian Hills Golf and Tennis Club.   Reports say homeowner Lorraine Chicalo was making lunch when grease caught fire.  The grease splashed up and hit her in the face.

Luckily her sister was visiting and acted fast.  Sister Marie Hirsch, of Immaculata, pulled her away from the area, then grabbed an extinguisher and knocked down the fire.

Elysburg Assistant Fire Chief Bob Dluge said the fire was “pretty much out” when he arrived on the scene.  The kitchen received extensive damage where the fire occured, with smoke damage throughout the rest of the home.

Crews from Elysburg, Overlook, Stonington, Shamokin, UpperAugustaTownship and Sunbury assisted at the scene.  They were called back in service by 1:30p.m. (Codi Jade)

Comments

comments

Powered by Facebook Comments