Wood stove starts a fire in Point Township

POINT TOWNSHIP – An improperly installed wood stove touched off a fire at a home in Point Township this morning. Point Township Fire Chief Jim Geise says the blaze started around 4:30 a.m. at 1315 Water Street off of Diner Road. A resident sleeping in the home woke up and smelled smoke and was able to escape safely.

Geise says they were able to make a quick stop and prevent the fire from spreading beyond a wall. Damage was estimated at about $5,000. There were no injuries reported.

Geise said there were no smoke detectors in the home, so they gave some detectors to the residents. Mahoning Township and Northumberland firefighters assisted Point Township at the scene. (Ali Stevens)




Powered by Facebook Comments