Kerosene heater may have started Potts Grove blaze

POTTS GROVE – A part-time worker at Heddings Ford World was flown to the Lehigh Valley Burn Unit in Allentown for treatment of burns sustained in a garage fire on Thursday afternoon.  The worker was not identified.

The fire started after workers apparently dropped a fuel tank inside the auto repair building along Route 642 near Potts Grove.  Garage operator Jeff Heddings tells the Daily Item the worker’s sweat shirt caught on fire.  All of Heddings’ equipment was destroyed in the fire along with a caravan, a motorcycle and a pick-up truck.

Potts Grove Fire Chief Brian Heckman says a kerosene heater was in use in the garage at the time when the fuel tank was dropped.  (Ali Stevens)

Comments

comments

Powered by Facebook Comments